Allegretto - The fast and lively CSS Framework
·May 11, 2018·
1 min read
Play this article
Allegretto , a musical term and my cat, is a CSS3 framework built around easy-to-use grids and WCAG accessibility.
Mainly created for rapid S.P.A. prototyping and wireframing. The concept behind the framework is "fast and lively" - the meaning of the musical term: Allegretto. It doesn't use any CSS pre-processors, has a minimal load impact and has a grid system that's familiar to almost any front-end developer who has used a CSS framework in the past.
Merging some concepts from Bootstrap like the
.col style classes, with newer concepts from Bulma.io like the
.is- modifier for classes I feel is a nice mix of styles.
Link the stylesheet using CDN:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://unpkg.com/allegretto"\>
- Super light-weight. Just ~3kb (minified + gzipped).
- Build with Accessibility in mind, A.O.D.A "AA" Compliant
- Fast and lively, great for quick wireframing/prototyping
- A 12-Col grid that actually works
- Easy to extend with your own CSS variables
- Comes with a handful of components & utilities
- Expects proper HTML5 semantic markup